So my POTD for Jan 2 is the book Twilight. I have resisted the bandwagon but succumbed this weekend when I decided to return to my love of reading. I wanted something that was interesting in topic, but not too serious. For 6.88 at Costoc, it fit the bill!

I was a rabid reader when I was younger. Part of this love came from my parents who were always reading but books were also a place to fill the time and space of life. I wasn't involved in school activities or sports and cable wasn't around yet( only slightly LOL'ing since it has a strong hold on my kids now) so I read. I would spend hours at the library in the summer. Their air conditioning was much better than ours and it let me escape from a homelife that wasn't always fun to be around. I devoured the "young adult" section by the end of 7th grade and was reading Jackie Collins, Stephen King, and DAnielle Steele by the time I started 8th grade.
I realized how far away from book reading I had gotten when my kids were shocked to see me reading something other than the internet or magazine. Wow. Shocked.
So I'm changing that adjective. I want it to go from "shock" to "interest" to " yep, Mom has a book in her face again".
No comments:
Post a Comment