Sunday, January 3, 2010

MPM January 4 2010

Sunday- Cheese Ravioli with meat sauce and salad
Monday- Chili and cornbread
Tuesday- Creamy Chicken bake w/ steamed veggies
Wednesday-Chili dogs and fresh fruit
Thursday-Leftovers
Friday-Stuffed Bell Peppers and salad
Saturday-Tacos, beans, & fresh fruit

Check out orgjunkie for more menu ideas....I'm sure there will be a lot being the first of the year and people are making resolutions about menu planning!

I spent all day Friday creating an inventory of the pantry and freezer. I also cruised the 'net
for some new recipes to try. With all of that, I was able to come up with 16 dinners based on the food I had on hand. Crazy, huh? I only needed a handful of ingredients (mainly veggies) to actually make all the meals!
I'm really wanting to focus on making better food shopping habits. December was a crazy month and I all but refused to shop after I spent almost $200 in the first 2 1/2 weeks! Our average was about $70-$90 every week and a half and I'd like to continually shoot for that(or lower of course). Planning meals of course will play a big part in that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment