I have just completed day 5 of my planned menu. Not to pat myself on the back, but I'm very proud of myself! I normally would have succumbed to the kids by day 3 and made mac & cheese or frozen nuggets. But not this week...I prevailed!! I did have to shuffle one dinner around though so tomorrow is leftovers as we had the pizza on Thursday, and Thursdays dinner tonite. LOL. We got carried away in taking things to Goodwill and ended up doing a major clean up in the garage. It was a great though. I had a lot of stuff from when we moved in a year ago that I haven't touched. So I followed the rule "don't use/need it in a year, get rid of it" and downsized a lot.
There was a bit of extra incentive though with cleaning stuff up out there. Troy has agreed to get a small upright freezer! We have @!*& side by side and I abhor it! I have to take everything out just to find the thing I'm looking for and I'm unable to really stock up on things. Plus my girls are playing soccer this year through October and I want to be able to double up and freeze some meals for a quick meal on busy nights. I can't do that now with such a small freezer.
And all of this cleaning on Thursday continued today. I swapped out dressers in Sophies room and then preceeded to clean every nook and cranny of her room. She is a little hoarder and I'm trying very hard to keep up the purgin in there. I love the dresser change and have had some brainstorms on further decorating her space. I also helped in Maddies room. It wasn't as bad as Sophies but she needed some help in her closet. I'm excited for her because I'm going to repaint her desk and chair! It's going to be PINK ! She is heading into the tween stage and is totally up for funky and different. I plan to post pics of the before and after!
No comments:
Post a Comment