So Troy is tightening the cash flow a bit so I'm really trying to do my part by planning my spending. The first step for me is menu planning. I have a love/hate relationship with this task. I love making lists of ingredients on hand and coming up with meals from the list. It's like a food scavenger hunt to me I guess. The part I don't like is actually having to make a meal EVERY night. You see, Troy works till late in the evening so it's just the kids and I at dinner. The kids don't enjoy these time intensive meals that I like to make so it sort of feels like a waste when Troy isn't here to enjoy the meal with us. I'm sure they would be happy with a bowl of cereal every night but then I'd feel like Troy is being cheated from a nice meal when he gets home.
Anyway, so I'm back to meal planning and for this week we have:
Monday~Hamburgers, corn, and fresh fruit
Tuesday~grilled chicken Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad ( i will take liberties with the recipe though due to an allergy)& strawberries
Anyway, so I'm back to meal planning and for this week we have:
Monday~Hamburgers, corn, and fresh fruit
Tuesday~grilled chicken Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad ( i will take liberties with the recipe though due to an allergy)& strawberries
Wednesday~Grilled Rib eye, roasted potatoes
Thursday~ Meatless enchilada casserole, refried beans, fresh fruit
Friday~homemade pizza & salad
Saturday~leftovers
Sunday~Stir fry with rice and wontons
There is a wonderful website here: I'm an Organizing Junkie and I'm joining her "Menu Plan Monday" which is why there is a Mr Linky on top of this post. I'm hoping to be part of this every week. I'm doing this for two reasons: 1) It will help me stick to meal planning(hopefully) and 2) I will branch out by trying new recipes.

Welcome to MPM! Thanks for joining us :)
ReplyDeleteI really have to try to make my own pizza one of these days! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been dying to try Pioneer Woman's salad recipe...yum!!
ReplyDelete