Sunday, July 26, 2009

Busy Busy!


(These two photos were from Sophies birthday)

Wow, this month has totally flown! Between the 4th, a birthday and a girls weekend away, I have been swamped!

Our holiday was really low-key. Friday the 3rd we watched fireworks at a local park. That was fun...but short! They only lasted about 10 minutes! The kids had fun though and to me, that's all that matters. On the 4th, Troy had to work so the kids and I just hung out. Did a little craft organizing and bbq'd. We watched with the neighbors while they did fireworks. We provided the sparklers.

Then it was Sophies 6th Birthday. She had a great time and was so fortunate to have great friends to celebrate with her. We had a ladybug theme that we carried over to the decorations, the craft & the cupcakes. I still need to get a day of photos of my now 6 year old.

A really fun part of July was my first overnight without the kids or husband! I drove to a cabin in Tahoe with friends from work. The owners of the store have access to a family home that is just beautiful! 4 stories, an elevator, gorgeous view, and lots of friends. There were a total of 16 of us and it was wonderful being around these creative ladies again. I truly miss them!

Our last activity for July is tomorrow. We are going to the Jelly Belly factory tour. It's a short drive and free! We'll be meeting our great friend Diane and her family and will grab a bite to eat together when the tour is over.

School starts in 2 weeks and soccer starts next week. This is the first time either of the girls has played and Maddie is really excited. Sophie is hard to read...she was stoked to begin with and was the one who asked if she could play. Now that it's upon ius, she is showing a major lack of enthusiasm. We told she has to complete the season regardless of how she feels about it. I think she is just getting nervous about doing something new and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment