Friday, May 14, 2010

My Mom

I'm the type of person who won't say "Happy Birthday" if someone has just said it. I'll wait to get the birthday person alone before I extend my birthday greetings. I'm not riding on anybody elses bandwagon LOL. So that's why this post didn't happen for Mothers' Day.



This post will be dedicated to my Mom, Nancy Carol. No we don't call her that, but my grandparents were from Texas and all the girls have first and middle names that sound great one said together-Delilah Lee, Patricia Gail etc...

My Mom is awesome. And she would absolutley hate this picture! She feels her eyes are too squinty, but that is the very reason I love it. When she laughs and smiles, it shows in her whole face! And she loves to laugh. I share her problem of laughing at inappropriate things at the wrong time.

She loves watching TV and she has certain shows that she could talk about endlessly-even if you have never wtched them yourself! She is also a big reader. When I was younger, it was bodice rippers, now it's vampires. She's also a good cook. But she is lazy(like me-hmm wonder where I get it from) and just wants to make the easiest thing to get dinner done and over with. S

She's famous for her fudge and rocky road candy. They are a must have from her during all holiday activities. Everyone tells her she could make a business off just those two desserts...she laughs at them and says " well, so could anyone. The recipe for the fudge is on the marshmallow creme jar!".

Mom has had some great personal challenges in her life. As she has worked through those challenges, she has shown me that you're never too old to learn from your parents. And it's not strange to be proud of them too.

Love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment