Saturday, May 29, 2010

End of Year Picnic

YEsterday was the girls last day of school. And Every year the PTA and Teachers plan a huge, school wide picnic complete with large waterslides, hot dogs, games, sno-cones and cotton candy. I participate with the PTA as much as I can and today, I made it a family affair..I roped Troy into manning the cotton candy machine. It was a VERY messy job as you can see! He had had candy floss everywhere-hair, arms, clothes...very sticky.
Troy is showing me his technique here-"you roll the stick as you circle the bowl".

And this is our oldest. She is going into 5th grade in 10 short weeks.WHAAA! Our school only goes to 5th grade, so she is only 1 year away from Jr High. My goodness..it truly goes by so fast. As the families were entereing the school with balloons and flowers for the outgoing 5th graders, I teared up. Good Lord, what will I be like next year?

I had more photos with my other kids but they had other peoples children so I can't post them..All in all, it was a good day. The sun was out for the first time in a couple of weeks, the kids had fun, tired themselves out(as did the parents) and so Summer Vacation is officially on!


No comments:

Post a Comment