Saturday, July 10, 2010

Parades & Fireworks

The Girl Scout unit our girls belong to participated in our citys annual Fourth of July parade(held on July 3rd LOL). The theme was "Stars & Stripes" and so myself and one of the leaders made signs with all the Girl Scout laws on them. The girls had an awesome time and I'm a total sap.
While watching from the sidelines, I was very teary seeing our community come together for such "small-town" thing.
Our city is in the middle of a large county with citys and towns squished all together and because of that, I think it's easy to blur where/what makes up your "hometown". Seeing people lining the street, the floats and just the participation made me feel very proud and honored to have my girls be part of it.
Sophie on the left posing with one of her Brownie friends.
MArching in the parade, proudly holding their sign!

And Maddie, my "has to be in the middle of everything, has to know what's going on at all times" child. She is directly in the front line of the Girl Scouts!

I'm terrible at fireworks pictures but I think this one turned out pretty well. I like the streams of light shooting out.
How American! Watching fireworks and eating ice cream!
Oh and texting...
I absolutley love the joy on Wyatts face! He's smiling so hard his eyes are closed!
All in all it was a fun weekend. We were with family and friends which is always so fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment