Thursday, June 11, 2009

The urge to purge...

Is strong. I have formed a list of things to clean and cull and my plan is to accomplish 1 to 2 things a week.

So far:
-went through my crafting/scrapbooking stuff. I took stuff out of bags (been buying a lot since the store is closing) and then cleared stuff out that I now know I won't use. We are working on a space for this stuff so it is still in my crop in style and large plastic totes. But I have all like things together

-I emptied the linen closet because our sheets to bed ratio was too high. I narrowed down the sheets to three sets per bed and the sets will be stored in the appropriate room. So I now have room for the winter blankets, table linens and extra tp/kleenex/etc.


Next on the list:
-3 kids rooms
-bathroom cabinet
-pantry
-kitchen cabinets-I'm the odd man out in that I haven't accumulated a lot kitchenware. I actually have empty space in my cabinets. I;ve decided I need to organize what I do have a little better.
-clothes-Oh Lordy I have clothes to go thru. I have stacked and bagged outgrown clothes, winter clothes, hand-me-down clothes all behind my bedroom door. I need to go through them again and seperate out what needs to be kept.
- Then after all that, I need to organize for a garage sale/craigslist bonanza.

In the middle of all of this cleaning/organizing I am hoping to get some home decorating and crafting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment