Sunday I'll be heaving a huge sigh of relief as our PTA sponsered Fall Festival will be over!
The planning and gathering has been fun, and at times exciting, but boy is it a lot of work! I feel like I've been going every day without stopping since August.
EAch time we got a positive response from a donation request, it's like we won the lottery! and seeing all the class sponsered auction baskets is incredible! The creative-ness of some them is just outstanding! In fact, one particular basket has a DONATED value of $400! And when I say donated, I mean just about everything in the basket was given by companies or by parents who had things on hand! It is something else!
Since we are in the final countdown, all the last minute tasks..and fears, are starting to service. But that happens with any large, planned event. It will be what it will be and no matter how hard we work to cross our t's and dot our i's, something will be forgotten or someone will not be happy. The bottom line is that we earn some cash for our school and the kids have FUN!
Before I sign out, I'm posting some pics from the last few weeks. I think I have
A follower that will be happy to see them(Hi Missy!)

Our new family member: Cupcake Sunflower. She's a bit of a rascal as she has managed to escape twice so far. I think we've been able to seal all her escape routes so hopefully she'll stay put.

Yearly Air Show. This photo was taken from our backyard. The jet was directly over us and I just zoomed in and snapped as fast as possible. I then cropped in as tight as I could. Look closely and the pilots helmet is visable!

Another soccer Saturday!

Wyatt and our dear neighbor friend. Wyatt's preschool went to a local nursery theme park and we asked our friend and Mom along. We had a lot of fun!

Wyatt in a block of cheese. They were totally intrigued by this!

And last but not least, My Maddie. She turned 10 yesterday! WOW. I feel like I'm on the downward slope of her time left in our home. College is just 8 years away .... And that's less than the amount of years she is! LOL! Madeleine is a great girl. She is funny and silly and pretty easy going. She loves "facts" but doesn't want to read-just give her the bullet points! She does have a bit of the pre-teen angst thing going on right now, but it actually makes her comments and insights even funnier at times. Maddie is going to be an awesome young woman and it's been so great watching her grow. I love you Maddie Magoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment