So this picture is of one of the new calfs. Calf eyes are just beautiful! SO deep and soulful. But boy, are they dirty! I had to crop this a bit so no one would be offended by the dirty back end!
Here Sophie is making gak-a mixture of water and borax. It has a really squishy texture that is cool to the touch. The kids loved it! The instructor also did an experiment involving alka-seltzer and water. She placed an alka-seltzer tab inside a film canister with a bit of water then placed it upside down with the lid on. The reaction between the tablet and water caused pressure to build and the cansiter popped off, flying about 15 feet in the air! Major hit with the kids.
I had tons of pictures but they all had Sophies' classmates..It was an incredible field trip and I can't wait to go back next year for the 2nd grade experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment