Sunday, February 7, 2010

Best intentions ...

Yeah, so I was going to work on the"the lounge" this weekend and I didn't even open the door to the room! Well, except to let the cat out(we shove her in there when we leave because she sets the house alarm off if we let her wander).



It was all good though because Troy and I had a DATE NIGHT! Holy macaroni, it's been months since we had a day and night to ourselves. It was awesome. So we started out at a local Indian Casino. I hadn't been there in probably 6 years and it was CROWDED! And the smoke. We are so used to no smoking in public establishments that when you are in a place where every person seems to have a cigarette, it is so overwhelming. Other than that, it was fun. Troy and I wondered around, sat at a few slots, watched people play Blackjack and people watched. Funny folks go to casinos.

We decided to not eat at the casino resturants because they were not seperate from the noise and smoke. Claim Jumper is on the way home, so we decided to stop there. After filling up on too much food, we headed home.

The best part of the whole evening? Sleeping through the night without interruption.

The term "date night" used to bug me. But since going months, maybe even a year, without time alone with my husband, without having a meal that didn't have spills and yells, I now embrace it wholly. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment