Monday, November 30, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again...

The menu planning Saddle that is! Weeks off of planning didn't hurt the bottom line of eating from home though so that is good! They say that it takes 21 days to form a habit so even though I haven't posted my plans, the habit of eating from home is firmly embedded.

Now if only the habit of excercise would stick!


Week of Nov 29

Sunday
Enchilada casserole
mandarins
applesauce

Monday
Tortellini with red sauce
green salad
garlic bread

Tuesday (pta night)
Chicken noodle soup
crescents

Wednesday
Dressing croquettes - recipe below
mixed veggies

Thursday
leftovers/easy fixes

Friday
White chili
garlic bread

I'm hosting a cookie exchange this night(i hope--i've had responses of yes, but no one has said anything else-yikes) so I will be serving some snacks as well-nothing major since it will be after dinner and it will mainly be desserts.


Saturday
baked chicken
twice backed potatoes
green salad


Okay. so the Dressing Croquettes. I made the name up but I ran across the base recipe a few years ago when trying to figure out what to do with all the leftover dressing from Thanksgiving. It is really very easy:

cooked, crumbled bacon
grated cheese of choice, I use cheddar since I always have it on hand
dressing/stuffing
butter

Cook bacon and add to dressing mixture. Stir in cheese. Form patties in your hand and brown in butter over med-high heat.

The dressing I make is pretty wet/sticky so I don't need a binding agent like an egg. If your recipe is dry, you probably will need to add something to hold it together.
It's not an altogether healthy recipe, but it tastes so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment